Message from the Point History Society and the PSC Community Theatre:
Joe Beef Market takes place this Saturday, September 11 th 2010, at the Joe Beef Park, located on Centre Street, at the corner of Richmond in Point St. Charles, from 10am until 4pm.
This event is a joint effort between the PSC Community Theatre and the Point History Society with the objective of bringing local History alive and having some fun doing it ! It is a real family event !
Some of the activities planned for this year include:
- Historical skits by the PSC Community Theatre, with actors dressed in period costumes, and highlighting both Joe Beef and Thomas C. Keefer. Each year we honour an individual that has a street named after him/her in the Point and this year it is Thomas Keefer. (A small part of Atwater St. in the Point was recently changed to Thomas Keefer Street)
- A number of Artisan Booths selling very interesting & unique goods
- Joe Beef will be serving Free Soup from noon until 1pm
- Some Irish music by Belfast-Andi
- Information booths from Parks Canada & the Montreal Fire Museum
- And much more…..
And this year, for the first time, we will also have an afternoon of free entertainment with a variety of singers; dancers, and other talent acts from both the Point – and other parts of the city.
There be lots of stuff to see and do, so if you have an opportunity, do drop by the Joe Beef Market this Saturday.